View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Last three of VIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldoon View Post
Where was it someone was asking for the last 3 numbers of the VIN number?
Not sure if you are referring to an old post of mine or Tom. I keep a list available to any owner or enthusiast that tracks info on all the known cars. Probably 95+% complete accountability of the production VIN's. The last three will ID the car as they were never duplicated, although there are number gaps in the VIN sequence. So you can not say that 162 was the #162 (i.e, 162nd produced), more like about the 125-130th produced. We have good accountability of current (as of about 2007) VIN's in US and a good list from Germany, but some cars may have gone abroad with no known record of the US VIN. There are no currently located factory VIN production records. So we are dealing with VIN's recorded in the US and Germany as of about four years ago. There are indications a few went other places like the Mid East and Far East before any US registration was made. Not likely very many. The state DMV info is very incomplete. When we locate an actual owner, we try to fill in specific car info, such as color, options, miles, city located, modifications, etc.

I don't think I have received your email so I can send you what I have and to add info on 162. All I know about it is that it was last located in Washington State and has a red exterior. My email is mduke8 AT gmail.com

Mike