Old 01-11-2012, 02:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAllen View Post
I'm not sure if this is as much an issue with Cobras as it is with my GTO

I noticed you have retained the original t56 clutch bleed nipple. In my experience they are a nightmare to operate and I have fitted the extended hose, available from Mal Wood, eBay, etc. Much easier to use in my case.
Hi Peter,

This one is getting a remote bleeder too, I just haven't fitted it yet.

I've made the hose style bleeders before but I have my own design simple remote bleeder that seems to work very well. The hose ones are good for tight engine bays where you can't easily get in to the bell housing but I'm not keen on extra hoses. Plus they are often seem to get installed with the bleeder lower than the slave cylinder which I reckon could give trouble with air locks when bleeding. The bubbles always go to the highest point in the system so that's where the bleeder should be.

Here's the setup I make. It's an extension that brings the bleed fitting out to a regular bleed nipple that you can clip a hose to and bleed just like your brakes.

Here's the view on the outside of the bell housing. It's pretty easy to get to. I can get a spanner on it just reaching into the engine bay on my CR.

The bleed nipple is at the highest point on the slave so air bubbles will head there on their own.

Cheers