View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreid View Post
Must be a very strong return spring, I hear a lot of heavy breathing!

The geometry looks good. Does the go pedal have enough throw and run the TBs through their entire range? Worst thing you can have on a high HP/TQ engine is a sensitive pedal. Makes for twitchy and scarey driving!
The springs are very strong, plus there are four of them, one on each stack "couples". On the dyno Barry actually had to disconnect one of the springs as it was overpowering the dyno's actuator. I'm thinking of trying the same thing so there isn't such a strain on the system. I need to call TWM about it and see what is their take on the subject.

The throw is pretty good so far. I had to use the lowest hole on the pedal arm to give me the right amount of movement for the cable. The higher holes moved the cable too quickly and too far. I will be doing a lot of fine tuning of all this later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8or View Post
Nice work. Very creative way to go from hard linkage to a cable setup. You might want to tack weld the arms on there once you find the right setup so they don't slip on the shaft.
Very good point on the welding. I was actually thinking of putting a very small cotter pin through each arm so I can still move them if necessary. More R&D needed on the whole thing