View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 1965 West Coast Cobra 351 Windsor 400 HP
Default Sold Cobra, saving for GT40

After 10 years of tire burning, alarm activating, exhaust inhaling, head turning, rain avoiding and mind blowing, I sold my baby and I'm saving for a GT40 rep.
I don't want to worry bout the weather when I take my exotic out and the time is now. I put less than 500 miles/year on my Cobra and I need more!
I was in a depression for about a month after I sold the Cobra, but I'm excited about a 40 in my life.
As my wife and I discussed it, it is already more "practical" than a Cobra - the clamshell front and back allows for more access to the components and drivetrain, rain is not an issue for car show days and expensive dinner nights, and we might even tour the thing over the weekend with other car nuts knowing we can lock it up and/or it'll stay dry.
The wife knows the history and likes how it looks so she's in.
Other than the price, condition and service records, the only thing that we are concerned about is the racing stripe. We may have to repaint if it has one. It's not a deal breaker, but the stripe has got to go. A beautiful woman does not need makeup.