Old 01-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Smile

I have both

I bought the GT 40 last year and have been working on it to make it road worthy. It's not on the road, But here are my thoughts:

It will be hard to do a lot of traveling in a GT 40. Maybe short or weekend trips. It sits so low and it's hard to see out the back. Maybe a camera would solve that problem.
I have driven my Cobra to London Ohio for the last 9 years. That's a 535 mile one way trip. I have room in the trunk, behind the seats and passenger side for stuff.
The GT 40?? I may be able to store a small bag in the front area of the passenger side footbox. I plan on fabricating an aluminum storage box to place in the front where the spare tire should be. We'll see.
It's hard to get in and out of a 40. I'm 5' 10" at 170 lbs and I have to go slow to get in and out. Several of my buddies have come over and try the 40 on for size. Most have a lot of trouble getting in and out. Some times it very funny watching them.
I suggest you sit in a 40 or have someone to take you for a ride in one. I love both but the Cobra is more of a road car. Of course a hard top for the Cobra would make it a better road car.

I would love to do the Hot Rod Power Tour in my GT 40 this year! We will have to wait and see.
Go to the GT 40 forum and do your research: GT40s.com - Powered by vBulletin
Dwight