View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra, SC540 Roadster
Not Ranked     

The Boss DRB was designed and built to take Boss motor so it will fit. The plenum has a mod done which puts the throttle body to the front of it. Regardless what model you get BF/FG the ECU will need to have the other computers that are normally in the system disabled. The T56 gearbox will need to have a speedo drive unless you use you can set up speed sensors from falcon onto Jag hubs. You will need to do a remote shifter for gearbox as the gear lever on the V8 gearboxes is a long way back or to do a shifter relocation as number of people who built cars with T56 boxes on this forum have done.

You will have a better chance getting a manual ute than a manual sedan from the auctions. The bonus about buying a vehicle from the auction is that you get all the required parts to get the motor running and once they are removed you sell what remains and recoup some cash to spend elsewhere on the build.

I have not heard of any issues with FG but if you talk to BPT Motorsports in WA they should be able help out. This is the company that also have the knowledge and equipment to disable all of the computers that feed into the PCM/ECU.

Have you thought about using a Coyote motor. I know someone who is taking delivery of a DRB Boss cobra similar to yours next month and is looking at fitting a Coyote motor.

Warren