View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Boss Cobra #66 , Under Construction
Not Ranked     
Default Not set in concrete!!!

Hi Warren,

The Boss 260/290 5.4L is not set in concrete but the donor car scenario all made good sense at the time. I had a close look at Peter R's Demo some time back before he sold it and the Boss is a shoe horn fit but seems to work. At the time the net was loaded with damaged XR8 Manual Utes with new ones lining up almost every time we looked. Now we have our chassis they have dried up. I know almost nothing about Ford Boss engines and even less about Coyotes. Anything without a carburretor & distributor is a bit like science fiction to me. The guy from Elite Performance here in Brisvegas said the BF was the easiest of the lot to flash tune. I have heard plenty about BPT but WA is a long way away!

Regards

Route 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKB View Post
The Boss DRB was designed and built to take Boss motor so it will fit. The plenum has a mod done which puts the throttle body to the front of it. Regardless what model you get BF/FG the ECU will need to have the other computers that are normally in the system disabled. The T56 gearbox will need to have a speedo drive unless you use you can set up speed sensors from falcon onto Jag hubs. You will need to do a remote shifter for gearbox as the gear lever on the V8 gearboxes is a long way back or to do a shifter relocation as number of people who built cars with T56 boxes on this forum have done.

You will have a better chance getting a manual ute than a manual sedan from the auctions. The bonus about buying a vehicle from the auction is that you get all the required parts to get the motor running and once they are removed you sell what remains and recoup some cash to spend elsewhere on the build.

I have not heard of any issues with FG but if you talk to BPT Motorsports in WA they should be able help out. This is the company that also have the knowledge and equipment to disable all of the computers that feed into the PCM/ECU.

Have you thought about using a Coyote motor. I know someone who is taking delivery of a DRB Boss cobra similar to yours next month and is looking at fitting a Coyote motor.

Warren