Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Route 66,
Best of luck with your project.
I look forward to seeing it develop.

If you can stretch the budget - spring for the Coyote.
It is a far superior engine, and will make for a more "enjoyable" ride on completion.

Boss motors are cast iron, thus are heavy, the Coyote in contrast are Alu thus lighter, all things being equal, this will improve cornering, braking, & accelerating.

They have lighter internals which means they rev up quicker.

They are more fuel efficient & plenty powerful enough bullet proof naturally aspirated, but in case you want more power are SC ready!

Further, future development on the coyote engine will only push it further ahead. ie- factory direct injection (which early reports suggest is just as simple as swapping heads), & a whole bunch of aftermaket stuff being pumped out.

The engine's physical size is much the same as the boss, so your DRB cobra chasis (foot boxes, etc) I'd guess should be 'coyote' ready.

A new coyote, plus auxillaries ie - ECU, gearbox & driveline might cost you $5k or so more than a wreck boss engine. But you'll get a fresh new engine & you can mate it to a tko500/600 which again is lighter yet more than strong enough.

Also should you ever need to sell it, youll see most of it returned on the other side.

Anyway, some food for thought.