View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
When I retire we are going to sell the house and buy a diesel pusher motorcoach. I will buy a car/truck/suv at that time that I can just flat tow behind the coach.

Neither Karen or myself want a house to tie us down. Eventually we may settle down someplace, but it's going to be a few years.
I am not ready to full time...can't imagine I would..but I do spend extended time (6 months to more than a year) on the road on occasion . I have pretty much owned all the various combinations from campers to trailers and I have found that, for me, a motorhome with a jeep wrangler ( I both flat tow and trailer) is the best combination. That jeep is great fun in the forests, beaches, deserts, ski areas etc...and yes, in the mega cities like LA. I have a soft top and it is warm enough and cool enough (air) to be comfortable, and it has enough performance to pull boats or bike trailers or whatever at highway speeds. They are easy to drive in heavy traffic and you can park them damn near any where. My unsolicited advice would be to keep a home (current home or other) till you are sure you don't want one. I didn't think anything could be more fun than working, but having been retired for nearly 20 years...well...if you have sufficient, wealth and sufficient health and energy and you are curious about the world...it is a great reward. You will love it.