View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

RodKnock is right. They do have A/C, but the windows are the in-place plexiglass/lexan with the access port. I could see getting a major case of claustrophobia. I'm told you can get regular roll-up windows if you want but then you wouldn't be able to vintage race. I'm sure Lance can answer all these questions and more.

I settled on the Ford GT because it met my wife's criteria for creature comforts. I will state that the new CSX9000 Daytona Coupes (slightly remodeled interior from the previous SPF version) and it's creature comfort index was quite high and it also had real trunk space. The FGT has none. I don't care what you call that little thing in front, it don't work.

A former FGT owner who lives near by swapped his red FGT for a SPF GT40. We did a spirited drive on the day I got mine and pretty much put them into hibernation for the winter. We will regroup in the spring. I don't believe I would fit in it - I think the steering wheel would hit my lap. This can be solved with lower seats but in this respect a GT40 pretty much has to be "fit" to the owner. He put the same engine I had in my Cobra - Roush 427R (he got carbs instead of DFI) and changed the mufflers and it sounds great! I wish I could get my FGT to sound like that.

Good luck!

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 01-25-2012 at 10:39 AM..