View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sorry for the delay... I am in Vacation, and I was traveling....

So... Yes, that is the one, but the one on the picture is from a Ford Pick-Up truck, with the shift lever direct mounted on the top of the tranny "back cannon", as the lever of the pick-up is mounted more forward than it was in the maverick. Also, the bell housing bolt fixing plate has a different shape (more close to the GM plate), and the input shaft is different. The gear ratio also changes.

This picture you are showing is nice, because you can see that this transmition has an internal gear change system, and the rods used on the Maverick and on the Glaspac Cobra is only to make the internal system to work, not to change the gears by themselves, like the regular rod change system trannys.

On the youtube Brazilian Dodge 318 Tranny videos, you can see that the transmition is just the same! The only differences are the bell housing bolt plate, and that the lever is direct mounted on the Dodge tranny. On the Brazilian Dodge (Charger, Dart, Le Baron...) it is used with the Chrysler 318 V8 engine.

Here go some pictures of the Glaspac and the Brazilian 302 Maverick Clark 260F Tranny:

Best regards

B-Dragon