View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

This weekends progress.
Into it again on Friday night after seeing the dentist (sore tooth).
Picked these up on Friday arvo.

Reco steering box and pump.

I had been warned that fitting the box was a prick of a job.
Well that is an understatment, I had to remove teh R/H header, remove R/H engine mount and bracket, lower the K frame an inch (just enough to keep bolts in place), so with engine crane holding K frame in place, a ladder beside the car, I removed header and slipped the steering box in from underneath, well that was still no good, on a power steer car you need to cut a section of inner guard out (about the size of a fist), luckily the Charger I have had power steering so I took a template from it and cut a section as required.
Then refitted the box, all good this time.

That was enough for Friday night.

I had put together a shopping list so grabbed that stuff Saturday morning, got home and made a new end for power steering hose, fitted it and fitted the return hose.
Return hose.

Pressure hose.

Next was torsion bars and steering arms back in.
I have not adjusted the torsion bars yet.

Next was time to slip in the auto brake pedal setup and the colomn shift steering colomn.

Made a note that I needed a wiring schematic for ignition and neautral start switch (now have that)
Next was rebuilding the master cylinder, painting rocker covers and air filter with wrinkle paint, mounted the coil & module, made a kickdown bracket, fitted master cylinder and made/modified brake pipes.

It was still early (about 6pm) but thought an early night (to find wire schematics and rest feet) meant an early start.
Well that never happened, my tooth flared up and had no sleep, in too much pain on Sunday to do anything were I needed to think (so I did some house work).
Tooth has now been capped and filled so if not too sore tonight I hope to get wiring sorted.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.