View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Dave, I got the stranded ones made to order from Battery world in Lilydale. The guy there was pretty knowledgable about sizing etc and they crimped thme for me I just did some measurements on my chassis by mocking it up with some string and then gave him the measurements. Since then I put in a battery isolator switch and had to re-crimp. I borrowed a crimper and got some lugs from local auto store and some heat shrink and looks good (to me).

Regarding Solder, I personally wouldnt want to do this as you need to get a lot of heat into the cable and lug. In all my days in Power Electrical work we always used crimpers. Also I reckon stranded is much easier to work with.

Regarding putting it in a copper tube, probably offers protection but if you locate the cable properly I wouldnt think that is an issue.

Regarding size I will check my invoice to see what size I got. Given you will be doing an ECU car I wouldnt think you would be sitting there for long periods on the starter button and need bags of current and uber large cable. My LS1 starts within 1-2 secs every time even after weeks.

Rgds

Gregg