View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C,351W
Not Ranked     

Building from the manual is not bad until you get to finishing the interrior. I hated that. No real explanations just do it.

The other thing I found was that I didn't always want to do things like the instructions said. Would have other ways I though things should be. That's when things get interesting. Now you build with no guidlines.

The other thing I found with my build, I took forever, was that some of the things I did early in the build I ended up changing years later. More confidence I my abilities and some things I just was not happy with from the start. If I would have just got the kit and tried to get it on the road as quick as possible I would have never taken the time to do things the way I wanted them.

Do to circumstances beyond my controlled, (life, kids, work, motorcycles,ect.) my project dragged on over 6 years. All that time I just kept thinking I just want to drive this thing. I finished the spring of 2011. Took till late summer of 2011 to finally get the plates. Drove it a total of 600 miles
before sticking it away for the winter. Now I totally miss the build. Actually had an offer on the car that I considered real hard. I just want to build another car.

Bottom line, enjoy the build. Don't be afraid to stray from the plans a bit the get the product you want.

Aaron