View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 11:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Got a bit more done to George on Friday night and Sunday morning.
Friday night I stripped apart the old Hemi 6 alternator and replaced the front housing with a V8 one (different mounts), fitted it up and fitted the alternator and power steering belts.

Then it was time to boly in the battery tray, but I must have been a little heavy handed with the primer, as I had to recut the threads.

That was about it for Friday night, we had friends flying out on Saturday, so I had to fix the BBQ (has not been going since we moved in 6 years ago this Easter)
And then helped Ronda around the house.

The tourists did there own thing Sunday morning while Ronda was at work, so I was out in the shed.
I modified the engine bay wiring and converted to electronic ignition and modified to have a working neutral start switch, so in theory, George will now run both mechanically and electrically (still need to make a fuel pipe from pump to carby, fit radiator and auto trans cooler)
All wired up.

I got a call from my mate in Adelaide about 10am, my radiator was safely on the plane.
So I refitted the cluster, dash pad and steering wheel.

Then my mate turned up with radiator, so we celebrated its safe arrival with a beer.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.