View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     

Boss Cobra, Welcome to CC and the world of Cobras. Listen to Rick Lake he is more experienced than most and his advice is always spot on. The business about your car being differant than anything you have ever driven is exactly that. These cars have a short wheel base and a very high power to weight ratio. Start off easy. Make sure your tires are warm, that you have checked all the nuts/bolts on the car. Be wary of other drivers who will want to see the car better and will get way too close. Watch out for the kids with rice burners that will want to race you. Most of them are really crazy.

Have fun. don't be surprised that every time you stop to fill up or for any other reason a ton of people will want to ask you questions. A trip to Wawa that used to take 5 minutes will now take 1/2 hour.

There are lots of car shows around but not to many for Cobras. We are not as well organized as the Cobra owners in Washington see Capitol Area Cobra Club. Good luck to you and try to enjoy your new ride.

Jim S.