View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

There's no CDI box in the system - I removed that when I installed the MS. There must be soemthing wrong with this ECU. I actually had it running for a couple of hours. I did a base line tune in the garage, and got things kinda close. Then I drove it around the neighborhood for about 45 minutes, using the computer to tune the VE map. That was going pretty well, and the below 3500 rpm maps were feeling pretty good.

All of a sudden, a sync error showed up and I almost didn't get the car into the garage. Since then, the sync error has gotten worse. Now there's no trigger signal at all, and (of course) the engine won't even fire.

The problem is, I'm out of time. I'v been working on this project since October. The first race of the season is only 7 weeks away. I'm going to pull the system out, and send it back to DIY for testing. It will be two to three weeks before I get it back. Then, if it still doesn't work I'm left with 2-3 weeks to get the car ready for the track.

Maybe I'll try again next winter. The BigStuff3 is looking better and better - although I still don't like the price.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto