View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     
Default Bow ties are for accountants and geeks!

If your talking about a Cobra... I'm assuming you are. Please don't put a cheby in it. I guess if your just going to crank it up and scare small animals, women and children then that's what you need. However, your 385 will do that more effectively. Fords are more expensive, but then what are you doing buying a Cobra in the first place if your worried about Engine $ ? Get a used Corvette and be done with it.

I'm not saying you need to put a stock 427 in your roadster. Like mentioned, Ford Racing makes great crate motors with a wide variety of components. The cheapest and most available parts are for the small block Fords by far. They make great HP and should not overpower your frame if its close to origional. Make sure your frame is rated for the torque and HP if you get a Big Block and opt for performance.

My 2 cents,
Xack

added 2/17/12, Just to be clear. I was responding to the prior messages regarding the suggestion that "chebys are cheaper". Not that the original post was asking about them or not. I had not looked at the post date. Sometimes old posts still are interesting if it's relevant. I got sucked into an old discussion.. shame on me.

Last edited by Xack; 02-17-2012 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: to explain