View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Here are some pics from Friday night.

Deep pan sump holds an extra 1.5 litres of oil and improves cooling.

Saturday morning I headed up town, only to discover that Mufflers also had not arrived at exhaust shop, so I could not make a start on making my own exhaust system.
I had a retail job booked in so I did that Saturday and left George on his own.

I had a car club meeting on Saturday night, so went down with the Cobra, only to find another Cobra there.
Forgot to get any pics during the daylight as I was too busy talking to the owner.
It is a Classic Glass car out of Adelaide. registered with Ford efi small block.
As is typical of a Ford powered vehicle, it needed a Holden powered Cobra to get it going.

Sunday morning I had some things to do up town, and was into George around noon.
I modified the radiator and radiator support to fit the later model larger radiator in, made auto trans cooler pipes and plumbed in auxuillary cooler.
Made new selector linkage to clear the headers and retain colomn shift.
Made a fuel pipe from pump to carby and fitted the battery.
Filled with fluids as needed and pulled the coil lead out.
Cranked him over (all good), checked for spark (all good), and could see that fuel was in the filter and carby.
I screwed the throttle stop in a couple of turns and refitted coil lead.
Cranked him over and boom, he was alive within a full turn of starter.
Looked under car for oil leaks, none there.
Adjusted timing, bumped the idle speed up to 2500 and grin like an idiot, George is alive (and no pipes).
All going well, looked under car again and I see a small pool of oil near the power steering box, Fark, switch him off. Up in the air and take a look, the stupid pipe from side of the block (were the yanks month the oil filter).

It is the pipe on the left.
I tried to tighten it but no luck.
I have some Wurth sealer on its way, so will need to drop the pipe off and seal it up.
But George was alive.
Did not get a chance to test the power steering or the auto though.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 02-19-2012 at 06:19 PM..