View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrrd View Post
If you want to experience driving a cobra, the only way you can do this it to buy an original or buy a Kirkham.

All reproductions can be built and driven to enjoy the essesence of a cobra, but only the Kirkham really reproduces the original experience. You have to decide if that's important to you. If not, a less expensive replica may serve your purpose.
I would take the Pepsi Challenge that blindfolded, 9 out of 10 people would pick my rickety old 427 FE Hurricane over your refined Kirkham as "the more realistic sounding, smelling, riding and handling Cobra."

I think a better argument can be made that if you want the original experience, meaning a roughly-assembled, poorly finished, poorly wired, rough-around ALL edges, heat-soaked, unfit, unrefined, unforgiving, tooth-rattling, just-on-the-edge race car, DON'T buy a Kirkham. Frankly, the Kirkhams would have to dial it waaaay back a few notches to deliver what you got from Shelby in the 60s. Which brings me to an idea. Hey David, Fender guitars charges double for their "Relic Stratocasters".....which they weather and abuse to look circa 1960's. How 'bout a Relic Kirkham?