View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Definitely a showboat, but he sure did get the job done.
Warning shots are highly frowned upon here. The reasoning is that you draw your gun in public only when there's a clear and present threat to you or someone you're protecting, or basically put - you only draw a gun when you need to shoot somebody.

Scaring folks by brandishing, threatening and firing warning shots is usually taken as an indicator that the threat isn't all that serious and pulling out the gun is an unnecessary escalation on the part of the gun owner.

I disagree in part with that as I have arrested a would be thief in my neighborhood at gunpoint (he had a kitchen knife) and I've drawn in response to a man threatening to stab me after a traffic altercation.

I fired warning shots once after my dogs chased a very young looking burglar out of my yard and over the fence at 2am. When I approached to investigate he stood his ground defiantly outside the fence like he was challenging me or something. About 10 feet from the fence I suddenly drew and pointed at his face and I don't think I ever saw a person's eyes open up so wide. As he turned to run, I boomed two Gold Dots into the ground behind him and he accelerated through the brush like a bat out of hell with its a$$ on fire. When I called to report the incident, the cops gave me crap for firing the shots, but they relented when I told them about his aggressive behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...