View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 08:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Here's a perfect example: I was at a show one time when someone else's ERA was next to an SPF. My friend asked me what the difference between the two was. I said "well, for instance, take a look at the radiator, do you see that?" And he said "no, it looks the same to me." I said, "ok, look in there at the pedals, see?" And he said, "you mean the ERA letters on the front?" To him, there were no differences whatsoever.
Patrick,
I agree with what you are saying perhaps more than I have ever agreed with anything I have ever heard you say before. Like I said, "I get it." All I am saying is, that, in my opinion, the situation you describe above, and any differences one might find between an ERA and an SPF, is more accurately described as "definite" or even "obvious" differences. I maintain that "night and day" BY DEFINITION are polar opposites, and hence do not accurately reflect the differences between SPF and ERA. Especially to someone who is asking about the differences between the two because he is considering buying one or the other. Really, I am not even interested in asserting that I am right in this discussion. Only that I disagree with your choice of words.