View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Thanks Greg and the rest of the ACC team who have posted and congrats too Paul....we probably pinged each others options mate...LOL...anyhow..I am at Umina Beach and your just over the RIP bridge so we need to network so PM me and we can touch base as you only like 8 kays tops away.

As far as Donk specs, Kevin the previous owner builder said he had a spec 5.0 HO lined up as a crate but there was a defect with the engine so he ended up with a "more lively version" as the long motor as a replacement.

What that means is... I do not know, but the heads are not standard and there appears to be a bit of a cam judging by the idle and the fact that it goes absolutely ape sh!t over 2K RPM.

I will not really know until I replace as required and will upgrade accordingly.

It is not the fastest Cobrep in the land by any means, but I was not after that..(I all ready have the fastest Ford XR4 or ST 150 south of the equator as my runabout...no big claim there I know, but I know how easy it is to get carried away spending)...

...but this car is more than able to cope with challenges so far from a Cobra Mustang and the local HSV crowd...at the end of the day I love my new toy and will only get real with it on the track (I respect my license and other road users too much to go P plating) once I am "One with the Machine"

Thanks guys and cheers,

I will try to get some better pics up when I get more time to play on the net without the other home life responsibilities.

Adam S