View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Yours is a great car, and I meant no offense to you, but you have to admit, buying a hand built custom car like the Cobra is not as cut and dry as it would be walking into a showroom and picking up a new Corvette. You just never know what you are going to get without extensive and up to date documentation.

Congrats on your sale, now what are you going to replace it with?

Bill S.
Thank you. I've seen many posts advising to only buy an 'ERA-built' car vs. an owner build.
I take great exception to that idea. Surely some examples of any manufacturer's car are poorly owner-built. It takes a thorough study and understanding of the car's content and care of assembly to not get hurt buying one. You've gotta do the homework.
But there are cars that meet or exceed ERA's assembly quality and are updated with the newest improved parts developed by the New Britain guys. As well as other aftermarket suppliers like Mike Bontoft (now sadly gone from business) Brian Higgins, my 'no-name' machinist Jim Schutz and by buddy J. Hechinger, long-time painter of aircraft. They each helped make mine a labor of love. The beauty of an ERA is precisely that--easily adding the latest improvements to an older build.
A credit to Bob, Peter and Phil, the engineering is first rate and constantly improving the product.
Replace it?--possibly a cane with red tip...