View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #1230/B2 445CI SBF
Not Ranked     

Jay-I am still planning to bring you the car if I can't figure the knock out on my lift, if you were a little closer it would have been there already! Yes it always had the Vic Jr...since the intake was installed by the guys down south Im assuming it was not port matched.

The bolts seat all the way, I suspect the original silicone job was leaking-I could be wrong but we will see, if its not that then I don't know what else it could be since we've done everything else. My only other suspicion is that the cross threaded plug in the water that leaked was blowing into the well between the chain cover and water pump so I am replacing the pump as well since silicone and JB Weld would not stop the plug leak-tried to rethread the pump but it was too far gone as I suspect they tried to fix it as well before.

Now the big question is...when I opened up my Ford gaskets, there is no "manifold side" or Head side" and every other time I have done this there is always two sides to the gaskets??? Jay I def am only putting back what Tom at Ford Racing told me to get. Now I need to figure out which side faces the heads...I am thinking the smoother side? YIKES!