View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPO2512 427W TKO 600/ NW Exotics 351 Cleveland/Tremec 3550-Sold
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman1961 View Post
Dana....back to the Gas-N pipes. I called them when they began offering pipes for the SPF. Since I was increasing my power output with my new combination by 200+ hp I was looking for pipes that were not to restrictive. I recall at the time and maybe still today they did not offer a combination with a 3" baffle or even 2 1/2". Gas-N makes a nice looking pipe and offered at a great price but I wanted larger baffles is why I went with Eric at Perf Engr. Like Mr. Hydramada...I prefer the ceramic coating look and did not wish to deal with the upkeep of stainless. I'm sure I'll start something with that quote but just my humble opinion. Didn't you build and is this on the dyno the 427dart block with KCR heads after the 393w?
Perry,

I orderd, and was told I was getting 2 1/2" Gas-N pipes. What I received was 2" pipes. I talked to the guy that builds the pipes and he says these 2" pipes will easily handle over 600 horsepower and you don't need to go 2 1/2" or larger. They seem to be no worse than the stock pipes at the low 500 horse level. We'll see if Gasn-N comes up with the 2 1/2" pipes for me. Yes, that's my 427 on the dyno. With the too small 750DP, Air Gap manifold, 2 1/2" K&N oval air filter, alternator, water pump, etc., it made 494 HP through the mufflers.