View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

George is now registered and insured as a V8.

I have done about 60 miles so far, drives nice apart from hangs on in second a little before sliding into 3rd.
No biggy at this stage as with a trailer on the back, it is probably beter that way, I will have a fiddle with the kick down cable to see if I can adjust it out a little.

He drives very nicly and relaxed, looks like A/C will have to wait till I return as I doubt I will get time to fit before I leave.
I may also fut an auxilary fan to the front, as temp creeps just over half when stopped and idleing.
I fitted a 160F thermostat, It should open at about 1/3rd on the gauge but it isnt till right on half, so may replace this as well (may be incorrectly stamped), but I will test on a longer (100kl) non stop drive tomorrow morning, and see if the gauge stays happy at half.
I will test it with trailer on Wednesday morning if all goes well tomorrow morning on longer drive.
Here he is all done and bonnet refitted after about 3 months off.

And so for the first time in as many months, I got the chance to clean up a little.

Now I just need to hope the rain and floods stay away.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.