View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Gary, I bought a 20' v-nose trailer. I really like the v-nose in that it gives you an 'extra' 3' in the front. I use the v-part for my tool boxes, slicks and other equipment. Now, on the axles, I'm not sure that is as important as having drop axles and a dovetail. Mine has the 5200# axles, but sits higher. This makes the deck higher causing the rear gate to have more of a slope to it. This may not be a problem on some cars, but was on my Factory Five as well as STL Mark's Superformance. I ended up buying some race ramps to compensate and raise the gate to clear the hinge area of the gate. If you have drop axles and a dovetail, this makes the clearance issue a moot point.

Having said that, I've now 'converted' my Roadster hauler in to a camping trailer (minus the bathroom) by adding a rooftop AC unit w/heater, insulating the walls/ceiling and adding electric hookup so I can park at RV campgrounds. In the end, this trailer ends up weighing a hefty 3500#'s (estimated) and with the car in it, about 6700. So, I felt the heavier axles were needed.

Ditto on the torsion axles, makes the ride much better in the trailer. Often, I've left things unstrapped without anything moving in the trailer.

Will have mine at San Marcos - look me up, Gold F250 and Purple Roadster

HTH,
Tim