View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 4 year old thread

Dimis Does it take a long time to have a thread reach your neck of the woods? I upped the power of my 452 to 482. More compression, bigger camshaft, little more head work. Limit of 6,200 rpms on the motor. Torque is over 600 ft HP is only in the 540 range, off the flywheel. To run this power with a single disc and pressure plate would need a 3,200 pound pressure plate and disc in 11" or 3,000 in 12" The twin setups have great power numbers and a soft pedal with feel. It will take more abuse than a single disc. Little slipping is key.
Twins are not cheap and you could replace this clutch with 3 single disc setups. I am getting old and pulling the trans, scotchbrite the surface on the flywheel insert to get better grip back is a pain. I got 5 years out of a organic disc and 7 out of a kevlar one. I am hoping that this is the last one until another rebuild or motor swap to a 498.
I look to buy the best parts I can at the best prices. I do alot of questions to people who run parts I am looking at before I try them. If I was to be real serious, I would have gone to a 7-8" triple disc setup for about $1,200.00 dollars plus setup with different weights and arms. Rick L.