View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 983 392 430hp/450T, World Class T5
Not Ranked     

I had a terrible time also and It took over 2 months to finally get my temp plate. I had to fill out a couple of forms, send in forms with pics of all 4 sides, CErtificate of origin, payment of taxes and fees, explanation of how car was built, receipts for major parts, etc... It is all on the form you need to submit. The issue is the form is something they can be e-mail to you but they tell you on phone they need to mail you a packet. The packet took over 2 weeks to get and when I got it was everything I already had. It consisted of instructions, Illinois tax form and registration form. They sent the wrong tax form in 1st packet...they are not very bright. I then sent in everything and waited. You can call them and they don't call back. If you get lucky nd happen to talk to someone in Springfield they will tell you they will get to it eventually. About 6 weeks later you get a call from the SOS police to come and inspect it. The police were very good and came out to inspect within a couple of days. At that point they send paperwork to Springfield and a couple of weeks later you get your temp.

Springfield could speed this up a lot but get a kick out of Making you wait. They could e-mail you forms and instructions or at least tell you that forms are available at DMV. Don't sit on paperwork for weeks. Issue temp at local DMV after inspection,etc...

Oh by the way, my title showed up a body style as a pick up. That had to be sent in and fixed which was another mess. Like I said, they are not too bright.

Something needs to be done here in Illinois as a whole and now that we are starting to throw the crooked politicians in jail that is a start, but we have a long way to go.

Last edited by snowgoer; 03-11-2012 at 06:33 AM..