View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Did he ever say what deficiencies in his opinion stock 427 came with?

At that late stage in Cobra production, maybe he has an opinion on what the car came with that could have been corrected.

I heard the front coil springs on the 427 don't last too long.
I have seen the batteries behind the seat in some but in 427 S/Cs, is it two separate 12 volt aircraft batteries? Or one big long battery?

Did Cambern's Cobra used to be red and run an almost horizontal plexiglass full width windscreen, very darkly tinted, and a huge black roll bar, sort of squared off, that spanned both seats? I might have shot it at an autocross decades ago but not realized it is the same car.

I didn't comment in the first post about the shape of the rear body but in some other website they were speculating about that. If you go to the pictures on this website

Bruce Cambern's Original 427 Cobra

Looks stock to me, I don't know what they are talking about. Usually only cars that have been hit and repaired without ref. to original shape have different contours. That site shows a third windscreen treatment--the driver only plexiglass--this is the first time I have seen that on a 427 Cobra.

On the site above it also shows the interior. Does anyone know the model of steering wheel and wrap around bucket seats? I am glad he saved all the original stuff--most guys throw that out to make room in the garage and regret it years later (remeinds me of when my belly pan fell off my 300SL and I left them laying in the road, probably cost $2000 to replicate today!) .