View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default He's in Fresno

Historybuff I talked to Bruce a couple of times. Very knowledgeable man. Has do alot of work to this cobra without changing the body. Motor is under 500 cubes. The suspension has been worked to product the best handling possible. The Whiners from the Optima battery camp and the air ride camp all called foul and Bruce was not allowed to return with the cobra for a repeat. He showed up with his GT-40 and had it not been for clogged cats and injector problem, he might have won.
Bruce brings a gun to a gun fight, wins and is told to find another gun. What crap. This years Challenge was a bigger joke with Poppe winning the event with a vette. I have no problem with the vette beating Stillow car but when did you see a vette come from the factory with a 5' wing that generates upto 1,500 pound of down pressure on the rear tires. Every other car but 1 other ran in a stock body factory look. I guess if you are not cheating you can't win. Driver that won is also a pro driver from the west coast. Bruce has a friend drive his car at the event for the first time.
Bruce has alot of good info and how to setup a cobra with roll rates, spring loads, bumpsteering, and alignments. I am sure he would shopw you his car if you are in the area. I going to Navato in Sept. Might take the 4 hour drive over to Frenso. Rick L.