View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

We take a lot of long'ish trips in our car. Last summer we went to Deadwood, SD, for the big car show. We generally take the back roads when we can, so it's an all day drive. Last spring I spent a week in Yellowstone. This June I'll be taking a week long trip with the Mile Hi Cobra Club. Last week end I took two day trips, about 4 hours each.

The Cobra is better on gas than my diesel pick up, so it's a little bit cheaper to drive.

Drive vs. Trailer depends on some various factors. Mostly weather and terrain. I had a great time driving back and forth to Yellowstone. And I'm really looking forward to Cruise Colorado this year. But on the way back from Deadwood, I was thinking I should have trailered. Once you get out of the Black Hills, it's a long boring trip back to CS.

We went to the London Cobra Show a few years ago. We trailered, and we're glad we did. It was 107* coming across KS. Not a big deal in the truck, but would have been a bit uncomfortable in the Cobra. Especially when those big spring thunderstorms rolled through.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto