View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I build 289 fia bodys Pete has one, carbon is the way to go if your wanting a car that is better than the original in performance. Weight is everything ,look at a F1 car, but it starts with the frame .the only reason the original has a bird cage is to hold the flimsy alum body. Fiberglass cars run it because glass has no stiffness, with carbon we don't need the substructure. We build any structure out of carbon and keep the steel out. I've spent 2 years in the development of a new frame design with the help of Larson Race cars.You might have heard of him for having the fastest street car in America. If you are wanting to go all carbon give me a call, Bryan- 816 309 1930 . I have all the tooling done now for everything on the car that you might want carbon including new coyote engines .The cool thing about carbon is that you can simulate the alum car details like hood and doors that match the original. In the end it takes analizing the frame and body to achieve the ultimate light weight car. it doesnt cost anymore to go first class.