View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 347, 462 hp, 4 barrel
Not Ranked     
Default Track Day Event April 28 & 29

I am considering the following track day. I hope the link works.

MFBA Track Days

Road America on April 28th & 29th 2012.

Midwest F-Body Association is the host and will allow Cobras. The cost is $260 per day or $460 for both days and you can ask for an instructor to ride with you. There are 4 groups and NO passing allowed in corners and you can only pass in the straights if the guy ahead points to the side of the car he wants you to pass on. Then after each time on the track you go to a class room to discuss the good and bad of what happened on the track. Safety is a prime concern. We would be on the track 4 times per day as a min.

I have not committed to the event yet, since I plan to get my Cobra back from a re-build project the weekend before this event.

I also know one of the instructors and he will be working this event. He is also building a FFR Cobra. Chris R. is his name. We meet at a car show several years ago.

Also note that if you have never tried to run your Cobra and just want to investigate before you try it, this is the perfect time to do it. I was able to get several rides with instructors last year, just bring your helmet and wear the right clothes.

Lee