View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
Pretty common for the higher horsepower engines I do.

Have your heads been worked on at all? The only issue with going with a larger cam is that you can potentially move the powerband out of the range of the cylinder heads. When you shift the curves to the right with a mismatched cam, you lose bottom end and then you lose top end both.

The other issue with a solid roller is the longevity. It's not much of a problem in a "toy car", but even the best solid roller lifters are recommended to be inspected/changed every 7500-10000 miles.

With that being said, I can pull to 6500 with a hydraulic roller and the correct valve springs. Any cam with a curve focused on the mid/upper rpm range will make an engine feel like it's "coming on" harder.

Check out the video of one of my 529ci engines with a hydraulic roller....as you can tell, it wants to come on hard at the end. It's the one at the very bottom of the page.

B2 Motorsports LLC
Sounds good,I personally have always been drawn to solid lifters partly because of the sweet sound they make adjusted properly,and knowing your getting all the cam can give all the time.