View Single Post
Old 02-20-2002, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead,

As you have probably read from my posts here I'm very Classic Revival biased so I'm probably not the most objective person. I think any one who has paid out the cash for a kit after looking at diferent ones for a while would stand by their decision.

From the pics on the web page the Harrison cobra looks quite good. I'd like to see more detail on the chassis and running gear though. The tiny little pics on the web don't give you enough info, I'd like to see one in the flesh.

I'm going with the LS1 and BT56 myself. If you're not a one eyed Ford fanatic I think they are a good choice for an Australian Cobra.

Your trip sounds like a great opertunity to check out some of the kits available around the country. You might want to look in on Python and Robnel while you are in Melbourne.

There are a lot of kits available and your decision will probably come down to a few simple things:

Your Budget.

The kind of Cobra you want to build, Spot on replicar or a cool looking sports car, track day weapon or a boulevard cruiser,

The features in the kit that are important to you i.e. accuracy of the body shape, materials used, how the chassis is engineered, donor parts etc.

How you like the person manufacturing your kit. Your going to be dealing with this person for a long time ahead so it's much easier if you like and respect them.

Cheers