View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

The first time I did it, there was a big difference. And that's because I spent a lot of time getting the ride heights at each corner exactly right. That was the wrong thing to do.

But, here's an easy way that worked out really well for me:

- Disconnect sway bars, and add your weight to the drivers seat.

- Unload the suspension at each end, and set the collar so it just touches the top of the coil spring.

- Set it on the ground and roll it back and forth a few times. Check ride height front and rear.

- To change ride height, adjust the collars on each side exactly the same. 1 turn on the right, and one turn on the left. Do the same in the rear.

- repeat steps until you have the ride height where you want it. It will NOT be the same left and right. I think mine was off by about 3/16". When I put it on the scales, the cross weights were almost perfect, IIRC the difference was <0.01%. I left it there.

IMO, setting the balance is more important than ride height. I can really tell the difference when the balance is off. When I have a passenger at the track, the car feels different. When I have a passenger and a trunk load of stuff on the street, I can feel the difference.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto