View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 781, 69' 428CJ, PPG BLACK. ERA 3005 Arctic White 331 SBF
Not Ranked     

I own ERA 781 and I used both of those suppliers. I have a 69 428CJ built by Joe at Danbury and a beautiful PPG black paint job done by the Walts at CT Custom. CT Custom did an absolutely beautiful job on the bodywork and paint. He is slightly more expensive than some other shops in the area, but I had seen some of his work and was very impressed. I have yellow stripes across my hood and down the front fenders and Walt Sr. picked out the color from a diecast model I had brought him, and adjusted it slightly and was right on the money. People have given me so many compliments on the paint and black hides nothing! Joe at Danbury knows everything there is to know about Ford engines and he will probably tell you so. I got along well with him and he steered me to the 428 vs the 427 I was looking for, from both a price standpoint and at the time he was saying he was getting poor quality parts at that time. I just went and saw him last month to order another engine, for another ERA, and it was like he knew me all my life. I told him what I was looking for and he will tell me what he is going to make for me. It's a bit of give and take, spend time talking to him if you visit, or let Peter and Doug do it. YOu won't be disappointed by either shop. Good luck with the build. I built mine and I love it, and the help from ERS is incredible. I was chasing a major electrical gremlin for a bit and Big John came to my house to help me. I'm onlt 10 minutes away, but still.Above and beyond in my book.