View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

I can't speak to either supplier as I had my motor built locally and did the paint/body myself. But, I've only heard great things about the painters ERA uses and from what I remember of the pricing, it sounded very reasonable. But from doing my own body work here are a few things you might consider:

- Roll the cockpit edges fully front and rear deck.

- Finish the inside of the wheel lip back a couple inches or more to give a finished appearance (and feel).

- Finish underside of hood and I did the underside of the trunk also and painted both.

- You can do the undercoating yourself, but if you're doing the aluminum panels yourself like I did, it was easier to undercoat them off the car and then rivet them in place. Otherwise, whether they do it or you do it is personal preference (and check book).

- I coated the exposed aluminum side of the panels underhood with Sharkhide, an aluminum protectant. I don't know if ERA offers this as an option but I think it's going to keep the aluminum looking fresh longer from what I can tell so far.

An ERA is a wonderful thing.