View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

I didn't find any degradation of hoses or of the pump diaphragm. The fuel strainer in the tank had a 1" split in it but there is a filter between the tank and the pump. I replaced the swining pickup hose inside the tank along with the strainer, and all short sections of hose connecting the filter and pump to the main line that runs the length of the frame which is made of stainless. I was diappointed that I didn't find a hose breaking down (?) All the hoses from the fuel log to the carbs are just a few months old. Today after starting it up it was running poorly on the LH bank. I pulled the idle jets out of the LH front carb and they were plugged with what appeared to be minute bits of clear plastic or maybe it was some sort of scale. Cleaned them out and it seems to be running OK now. I have a couple more things to do before it will be ready for the season. Repack front wheel bearings and adjust steering rack to eliminate a small amount of lateral play, but I think the engine part is ready to go.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way