View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1980 Arntz 427W, Webers, TKO600, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Thanks Hyde for doing this.
I'm running a 427W, Comp cam 35-425-8, @ .050 282/289,230/232, total lift .523/549, separation 110.
venturi 40, idle jet 65, idle jet holder 120, main jet 155, E tube F7, air corrector 170, acc pump jet 40, by pass 00, idle screws 1 1/4 turns.
Currently the idle is rich, transition is lean and mains are lean and there is a stumble at acceleration.
I use an an A/F meter and own about a pound of brass jets.

I've been working on these for a year now and have made some progress but I am not there yet!
A big discovery for me this last 2 weeks has been (thanks to jhirasak) the 25mm needle valve height. 3 of them were so far off I had to put them in a lathe and shorten them. I also installed sealed bearings (thanks to big deuce). I flowed them with a shop vac and made a tool to twist the shaft on one carb. I plugged a transition hole and redrilled it (thanks to big deuce). The bell crank is off center 3/16 in. so I'm going to weld it closed and redrill. I have a center bell crank that has the linkages coming from under the butterfly shafts. I would like to change that configuration to have the linkages above the shafts so it is easier to adjust. Does any one have that configuration? I would love to see your pictures.