View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Insurance

Hi Everyone

I finished my cobra build last fall and had 450 fun miles since then. It took 8 years to complete(there are always modifications to be done though) and have enjoyed this whole process. Unfortunately we had a large storm go through last week and had a lightning strike somewhere in our neighborhood. The strike knocked out electronics in neighbors houses and started a fire in my garage. The garage was sealed up pretty well and it suffocated itself and went out but not untill there was considerable damage to everything in there. Had my 2011 pickup and wifes brand new lacrosse (both cars had windows down)in the garage along with the cobra. We were very lucky that it was contained to the garage and the attached house was not affected. The reason for this post was to alert everyone a lesson we had to learn the hard way with insurance. Even though it all happened in the garage with a single lightning event State Farm has issued 4 claims, three for each one of the cars and one for the garage. It is going to be a bit more costly for us with having 4 deductables but may also be dropped due to having 4 claims in the same month. From what I have learned not all insurance companies have their policys written this way. Check your policys out!