View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi,

Historybuff, thanks for the comments! I have spoken to Rick titus and he is providing an accounting of his time with car #1 and is also sharing his fathers comments. After the Stardust race, up until the delivery to the Titus shop little is known and I feel there are photographs and information from that brief time. A crashed Shelby from the Can Am must have been photographed in las Vegas. Your idea about contacting the Las Vegas Review Journal is a good one, I'm off to see what I can find.

Rich, pleased to hear from you and I hope to cross paths. Glad to know that I am on track with my research. What memories your family must have of such a special time in racing history and I might have some original photos of your Father. I would love to hear more about the Hawaiian GP as I have been searching for a Porsche that raced there long ago.

Have you spoken to Chuck B***** about the Cooper Fords? he is doing a book on them and you would be invaluable to his research. Do you know anything about my car?? Do you know anything about AAR the XE 351 blocks and how they went to the GT 40's, the Honker and the King Cobras?

Thanks