View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Looking at Lone Star

I'm just about done building my present Cobra and looking to build another brand now. I am seriously looking at the Lone Star but I want to avoid some of the problems I had with building my present car. I have read quit a bit about the cars on their site, and all in it seems it may meet my needs. I have worked on cars as a hobby all my life and have no problems with fabrication/welding and glass work. I will build my SBF and do my own bodywork and paint.

I need to know a few things from Lone Star Builders to help me decide. The information is for me and I know some guys are sensitive to what is written in forums, thinking an issue may be blown out of proportion and hurt the company that built their car. If you don't want to post please send me a PM or e-mail. Talking to a few present builders on the phone would be great.

So, I would like some insight on the following issues.

1. How is the company to deal with overall? Do they actually answer the phone.
2. How is the quality of the parts?
3. How fast do they replaces defective parts?
4. What needs to be improved with the car?
5. What options did you get and were those good decisions?
6. I will be using a SBF so does the 8.8 rear end work fine?
7. What modifications enhace the car and should be done?

Believe me I know there are no perfect cars. OK, maybe a Kirkam is close! But, I need to find out more about the Lone Stars to help me make an informed decision without regrets.

Thanks.
Wayne

Last edited by Wbulk; 05-12-2012 at 06:06 PM..