View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Tom,you may have already discovered this,considering the date of this thread. The first Corvace was owned by Roger Wing,an SCCA club racer from Bethesda,MD. It was his concept,as far as i know. The original car was his AC Ace/Bristol. He contracted Jack Belgard and Ron Winneberger to do the work. Jack passed away several years ago. Ron left the Wash DC area and moved to Duck,NC. Roger's daughter,Joann is still alive. She often talk about the car. As Ron told me,they took the car to VIR in '57.Shelby was there driving a Maser.During the heats,Shelby was doing a thorough inspection of it and complimented them on their work. The car had a '57 Corvette engine and trans.I don't know if it had carbs or injection. I do remember they had a "Corvace" badge made up for it. Roger Wing had intentions of building these,but I thing he couldn't arrange the financing necessary. This is most of what I remember.My older sister still talks to Joann Wing. If you are interested in more details,contact me,I'm sure she would be willing to talk. Ned young in MD