View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 04:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Here's what I know from testing

Funfer2 Kevin if you pour the lucas into a cold motor, it doesn't mix well in the oil pan and with the rest of the oil. It also needs to be poured slow. I found that you got the lucas oil laying in the bottom of the pan and on 1 startup with another motor I blew the oil filter off the housing. Oil pump doesn't know what weight the oil is, just pump it. Guessing 150-160 psi.
Does Lucas make the oil heavier, yes. Here's the thing, this has been writen about for the last 50+ years, DRY STARTS cause between 80-85% of engine wear. I have 3 cars and trucks with over 100K. All start quiet, no bottom end rod noise, no piston slapping, no rocker noise. I have let these cars and trucks sit for months and start them without noise. I drive them hard and haul with them also near limit loads. This is why a go with a clinging oil.
GM does recomend adding their oil suppliment if the car or truck is going to be used under hard conditions. It's called EOS. I use this when building evry motor at home or work. A am sure that Ford and Dodge also have a similar oil suppliment. The jury is still out on this new dexos oil that is thiner than water and has no or little cleaning ability in a motor. We have a timing chain issue and have seen motor with under 30K look like motor with 1/2 million miles on them. IMO the new oil stinks!!!. More trouble to come on this front. This is the ONLY country cleaning up after itself.Mean while the other super power is poluting at a world record pace. I like to thank Ford for building a new assembly plant in China when we have 4-5 million AMERICANS out of work.
Kevin I know 7 years of 98% racing in the 452 and 6 years with the 482, there was nothing wrong with the bearings on either bottom end. Clearance has alot to do with this and so does maintainance. Limited rpm doesn't hurt either. Last note, GM, FORD, JEEP, and all the others don't want you to use these products to extend the life of a car or truck because, THEY WANT TO KEEP SELL NEW PRODUCTS!!!! I work on 2 cars and 1 truck with all over 250,000 miles on orginial bottom ends. All have new timing gears and chains, that's all. Heads, valves all original. They supply their own oil and buy a filter. The cars will rot away before the motors will go bad. The truck guy uses lucas and hauls used cars on a gooseneck trailer. It's not a diesel, 8.1 L BBC. Bottom line run it, don't run it, choice is yours. Just think if a accusump was on everycar to peroil a motor before startup, you are looking at a 1 million mile motor. We would still be driving 65 thunderbolts with oem motors, if the aluminum doesn't get to brittle and start cracking. Rick L. Ps I left out the stuff that C.S. used to sell, Z- MAX.

Last edited by RICK LAKE; 05-13-2012 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: forgot last thing