View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
Hi Tomcat,

I really like the T series cars. I'd love to own a T3 TS50 or TE50 which was the last and some say best of the bunch. I only wish they had retained the nice alloy heads the the earlier T series cars got.

With the front end rebuilt the handling is transformed. It's surprisingly tight and precise through the corners. I've really been enjoying chucking it through the twisties on the way home from work. It handles amazingly well for something that has leaf springs and a live axle in the back.

They got pretty good write ups and praise for their handling when they came out:

Ford Falcon Ute - First drive: Ford in hot Pursuit | GoAuto

Ultimate V8 grunt - www.drive.com.au

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

New Car Test - Ford Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 Ute - AutoWeb New & Used Cars

Cheers
Hi Mike,
Yes the series 3 cars are definately more collectable because of the windsor stroker, but the series 1 car i owned in TS50 came with the Full FRUIT.
Ford were battling for performance bragging rights back in 98/99 against hsv, so when they released the T series range, ford put everything into it and produced a great car with every box ticked, the downside to that is they were expensive, [ around $77.000 on road at the time] to compete against the holden grange, so they didnt sell enough.

Consequently the series 2 and 3 cars were defruited to make them cheaper and the extras were made as options, hense the alloy heads on my car, then back to iron heads for cost savings.

Interesting with the big front rotors as well, mine were shot after about 22000ks as well, and i replaced them, ford fitted to hard a pad and wore out the rotors instead of the pads. [ but they sure worked well ]

A mate of mine in mackay bought a series 3 TS50 new and still owns it, [ we owned the only 2 T series cars in the whole mackay bowen basin region ] hes also got a saleen mustang and has ordered a new shelby mustang 800hp super snake to add to his impressive collection of several cars.

The rarest of them all is the series 3 fairlane based TL50 stroker, ford only ever made 2 of them, so i think they will be worth a few bob in the future.

cheers