Thread: Cylinder wash
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FF 302 cam,balanced,48 IDA Webers
Not Ranked     

Rick, I was hoping to hear from you. You've helped in the past. The motor has hydraulic lifters. Arms appear to be going through about the same movement as others. Also, I just redid the compression test ,again cold, and no.1,3,4,&6 all have no compression( just bought a new meter and it works fine on the other cylinders-175-180# range)
I put things back together and am going to try a compression test after heat up. Hopefully that will show some results. The motor runs a little rough but runs and I can't believe it would do that if half the cylinders were down.I'm hoping the rings just have not totally seated and not that I put some in upside down or something stupid like that.
The front left carb was the one that started this all-just no reading on the syncro tool at all on the front stack and a very small draw on the second.
I'll blow out jets and take out the mixture screws for a cleaning at your suggestion.I think I also need to revisit the valve lash settings just to exclude that issue. Thanks Jon