View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The Baja Cantina car night usually begins around 4:00 - 4:30, but during car week it fills up really fast so I would get there before 4:00. However the action really does not get going until about 5:00. It goes until closing but starts to wind down after 9:30 to 10:00. For dinner, if you want to eat in the restaurant or patio for their Mexican food menu, then absolutely make a reservation early. Otherwise it will be a long wait. If you don't mind the outdoor BBQ limited menu and eating on picnic tables then there is no need for reservations as that part opens around 6:00 and is first come first serve. Last year there were so many cars they took over the entire shopping center parking with specialty and classic cars so spectators had to park down the street. Of course it is not a very big shopping center. There were about 500 people there though so it was definately the busiest night of the year for them. No need to get there too much before 4:00 as there won't be much happening before then unless you want to have lunch there. I got a table right away without reservations for lunch. Remember, there is no charge to enter your car.

Lodging on the peninsula is over the top during car week so if you don't want to spend a fortune, check further out starting with Marina and points north from there. Might also try Prunedale or Gilroy. Also, if price is the only concern, you might also try south county like Gonzales or Soladad or even King City. The drive is certainly no longer than from Santa Cruz or Aptos, but the surroundings are not as nice. If anyone wants any other local info, just let me know.

Last edited by FFRCobraMike; 06-05-2012 at 06:39 PM..